Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Yes, I can... Make a Change


There's no heading back...

I got an interesting call at work today. A colleague called to offer feedback that I had requested about 3 weeks ago. She started by asking if I was happy, if I liked my job and I had to tell her "no" I don't feel like it's a right fit. It doesn't play to my strengths, only my weaknesses. It doesn't help the organization. I want a new job, one where I can feel successful and like I am moving us forward. But it isn't easy. I applied for a new job today, only a few days after being rejected for a different one. I was feeling very hopeful last week, I had 3 possibilities on the line and now I feel like I'm at nothing. I still have 1 interview this week with a new organization but I feel like I'm going to bomb. I feel like I can't do anything right because I suck at this job. So here goes- to hunkering down and making an effort with my interview on Friday, to being the best that I can be in my current position and to believing that the universe will bring me what I need, when I need it. Here's to making a change.

Speaking of change- did you vote today??

No comments: