Monday, January 11, 2010

3 months


Dear Cassius,

3 months seems like forever now.  You are growing more and more each day.  New movements, new laughs, and new cries (but they are still incredibly loud). 

You survived your first plane ride and your first visit to Iowa in December and you did great!  The plane trips were a piece of cake for you, but you aren't going to fit on my lap much longer.  You loved up on your Mimi Tanner and you were carried around a ton by Karsyn and Elle.

You are now sitting up a lot more.  You love to sit on my lap after eating and watch the world around you- especially if there are babies nearby.  You can sit up almost unassisted for a few seconds before you fall forward or to the side.  You just tried your Jonny Jump-up the other day and I think you really dig the new vantage point.  From there, you can watch your parents' crazy dances and your dog.

You are also moving your hands more and sucking on them.  You squeal in delight, you squeal to talk, and you babble a ton.  You had a doctor's appointment this morning and you rolled over when I put you on your tummy.  I'm not sure if it was because the table was slanted or what, but you did it with ease from both sides.  I'm putting you to the test when you get home. 

Speaking of getting home, you are now spending a few hours with Lyndsie and Haven each week in preparation for February when you are hopefully going to be spending a whole day there while I go to work.  You seem to like it.  I just hope you don't give Lyndsie too much trouble.

Your smiles are as big as ever.  You really, really love your mama right now... and for some reason, you seem to scream at your dad when your mom is around.  But if you are with him solo, you two have a great time together.

OH.... and big news!!!!  You started to sleep in your crib, in your room, all by yourself.  I'm not convinced we are there 100%, but you slept for most of the night last night in your room.   I hooked up the ipod and you listened to the likes of Norah Jones, Jerry Garcia and David Gray as you snoozed.  Your dad insisted we hang the 100 Dead Songs poster above your bed, so we did that last night.  Maybe you'll start having some psycadelic dreams soon?

Cassius, you are a joy in my life.  I love you more and more each day.  I think I can say that will be true for a long time to come.

With hugs and smooches to the cheeks,

Mama

PS.  15 lbs, 6 oz as of today- you are huge!

No comments: